Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Run (okay, walk) For a Child

My ward here in Rogers has a great tradition of getting together on Labor Day and doing "Run for a Child" together. Most run the 5k, some do the 10k and the rest of us walk in the 1 mile fun run or the 5k. This year, due to being 6 months pregnant and making zero effort at training, I decided to walk the 5k.

Here we all are! The "Sole Sisters" before the events begin. This was all started by Carin Christensen years ago. She made the shirts, distributed info and encouraged us all to participate. What a go-getter she is!

Here I am starting off looking very energetic. You can tell it's the beginning, because there are still runners in my general vicinity. This won't last long.

I was joined in the walk by my good friends Jessica Magnusson and Jen Young, along with their daughters Kylie and Lyndee. And here are our supportive loved ones anticipating our victorious return. That's Ryan and Peter Magnusson with a very enthused Ethan.


Oh! Look! There we are coming around the bend! Can you see the pink shirts?


No? How 'bout now?


Now?

Ah yes...there we are. Don't worry, no hurry. Just take all the time you need to get a good photo. We're not going anywhere fast.

And.....here we are a few minutes later.


Now for the real action....closing in fast on the finish line! See how I selfishly leave my friends behind? What kind of person am I?


When all was said and done, I think we had two people that came in behind us. They may or may not have been elderly. BUT! I really had a great time walking with my friends and we helped support a great cause.

Who are we kidding? We really came for the free samples and the bouncy houses.

Hey, Sole Sistah!

No comments:

Post a Comment