Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mathew

This is Mathew. The second born. 7 years old.


He's a techie.

He can navigate and rearrange the settings on any electronic device (and does....routinely).


If I had to choose one word to describe him...it would be: passionate.

Especially about electronic devices.

We had to get rid of the Wii because he couldn't reign in his emotions concerning it. Family life has been alot simpler since we said "sayonara" to the Wii. Now when I need a break, I just send them over to the neighbor's house to play with their Wii and everything gets better.

He is a math whiz...and spelling and reading. School comes easy for him. Most days he asks me to print out a little extra math homework "just for the fun of it". I knew my genetics were in there somewhere.

His deepest desire is to turn 8 so that he can be a cub scout and have a pocket knife.

He loves to sort out his pokemon, bakugan and Bella Sara cards. Sort. Then re-sort. Sort. Then re-sort. Ah HAH! I do believe that is more of my genetic code sneaking in. Take that, you ultra powerful Huffordy Huffordness!

When someone else is in trouble, he likes to pipe up and be extra helpful...just to really bring it home that he is being the good one. (could this kid be any more like me?)

He has a real funny streak.

He once told me that he has tons of friends. I asked why and he cocked his hips, pointed to his blue eyes and said "Cuz of these babies".

If you ask him to do something that seems too hard or long to accomplish, he crumples to into a heap and declares "I just CAN'T!" and then we begin the battle to the death....or at least until I win or he loses his daily technology allotment.

He can't sleep without a hug and a kiss.

He is finally emerging from the need to wear the same color shirt and pants. I'll those monochromatic days. Good bye, "Red Man".

He finds it near impossible to remember to bring his lunchbox home after school. I've made friends with several teachers as I trudge back into to the gym to retrieve the lunchbox each day. I think they have a hard time wrapping their minds around this level of consistency. It really is quite stunning. Maybe I need to threaten the loss of computer time.

He has the kind if hair that never needs to be combed. It just grows in all the right directions. But he still benefits from frequent haircuts because around here, when one person gets a haircut, by dangit, everybody gets a haircut.

I love this dude.

Only 9 more months until you get a pocketknife....hang in there

2 comments:

  1. I like to read your blog. It makes me happy.
    Just thought you should know :)

    Did I ever ask how you know Bobbi Johnson??

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to taint your comments with a deleted one from me. Sort of posted twice, not sure how, but anyway, now your comment box is even more messy from my apology comment.

    Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete