Monday, December 1, 2008

A Preliminary Post to the Big Thanksgiving Post

Now, I know you know that I will be posting pics and commentary on my thankfulness in relation to our most recently celebrated Day of Thanks, but before I get into all that, I'd like to take a moment to say a few words about the last 24 hours. In that time I have become very "up close and personal" with vomit. You read that right....VOMIT. Laney has been heaving every 32 minutes and screaming in between. And if that weren't just the best...I came home this morning from dropping the kids off to school (20 minutes late, of course, because I lost my keys) and there before my eyes are 5 piles of throw up from two dogs. Let's just say that it is a very bad idea to give dogs sweet italian sausage as a "treat". It apparently doesn't agree with doggy intestines. So in light of these events, I'd like to say what I am VERY VERY thankful for at this particular moment.

1. Paper towels - you know I do not want doggy sausage vomit mixing with my clothes in the laundry.

2. Pine sol - If you know me, you know that I use pine sol for everything. I know that the smell of pine is actually a splendid concoction of chemicals, and not actual pine needles....but I don't care at all. Pinetastic.

3. The Bissel....do I really need to explain why this heaven sent appliance is better than scrubbing the barf out by hand? I love you, dear Bissel. You and Dysee are quite a pair. Never leave me.

4. Hand Sanitizer. I feel as if I should take a swim in it this morning. That might make a dent in how grody I feel.

5. John Mayer's song "Heart of Life". For some reason Laney stops crying when this is playing. It is my current favorite tune. And for your listening pleasure....



So there you have it. Life isn't always fancy free...but there are always good things to be thankful for. Even if you are covered in chunks....appreciate!

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry Laney is sick. I think that is the hardest when the baby is sick. I hope she and the dogs feel better soon. Until then thank goodness for modern appliance that keeps our hands as clean as possible from chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...that song makes me love life again too. I think that next time I have to clean some barf I'll spin that tune. I cannot believe the mess that four kids can make...the laundry, the dishes, the toys, the food, the paper from all the art and school projects. Also, I think we have too many shoes around here. There are shoes everywhere...but I kind of love that this home and space is getting used well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laney,
    That song makes me want to stop crying too! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete