Saturday, October 12, 2019

The Pumpkin Run...

Anna worked so hard to get ready for this run. She set goals and ran her little heart out each Monday afternoon. She was pumped. 

I was totally willing to run by her and suffer through the stitch that I get every single time I move my legs faster than a leisurely stroll. 

It was SOO cold on the morning of the run! We briefly considered staying home in our warm covers. But there is no way we could wast all that preparation she'd done. So we bundled up and added many layers. Mark went along to do some cheering! The other kids opted out (lazy bones!)


The Sunrunner numbers were pretty slim this year...but I'm pretty sure the freezing temperatures effectively weeded out the wimpy ones.


I love this super sweet girl of mine. She's tough and she challenges herself to do things that do come easy.  I'll never look at a set of monkey bars without thinking about her working at it over several months, gaining strength and adding one bar at a time until she could do the whole thing with no problem. She's going to move mountains, this one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment