Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Tonsils and SuperDad

Megan went under the knife today.

She got her tonsils removed because her body won't stop making annoying tonsil stones.

She was super nervous and probably feeling ready to run, but instead she kept her cool and acted like she was old enough to move out on her own. Stressful situations bring out the adult her. (She gets that from me 😊


She never had an embarrassing moment coming out of anesthesia....she probably could have filled out her own paperwork...if she hadn't been so tired. She never dropped a single 'please' or 'thank you'. But she konked out on the way home and let me fuss over her and make her chocolate shakes and peach jello.

Strangely, she asked for cream of chicken soup. That's not something she's ever had, so I'm kinda thinkin she might have had a little conversation with my dad while she was out. I would have known for sure if she had asked for oyster stew or kippers.


While Megan was drinking her meals and exerting supreme control over the tv, Mark spent a good 3 hours helping Mat with his computer science homework. I was snuggled on the other side of the bed and marveling at the fact that I understood exactly zero percent of what they were saying.

No idea.


But I do make a wicked batch of cream of chicken soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment