Saturday, February 6, 2016

WWII Memorial....Kansas City

One morning I woke up and it someone whispered in my ear, "Take the boys to the WWI memorial". It was one of those times when I knew that someone up there was helping me out. 

I needed a way to connect with my boys. 

They are incredibly sweet and willing to go to the Farmstead with the little girls all the time....but it isn't something that interests them anymore. 

So I brought it up with Ethan and he was super excited. 

Mat was on board.


Ethan has been studying WWI this semester in his Modern World History class. He is always excited about what he's learning and it's sparked a real passion for the military and combat.



Mathew is into photography and enjoyed shooting the museum from different perspectives.


We rode the ancient elevator up to the top of the tower and snapped a quick photo...then I was ready to GET DOWN. I don't like being in places that leave me no options for escape.

Smile!

Now let's go.


We stopped for lunch at Jason's Deli because Ethan insisted that I "had to try" the club sandwich. 


Somebody should have warned him about the method most restaurants use to keep those sandwiches together.

Ouch!


No comments:

Post a Comment