Sunday, October 11, 2015

The eleventh hour

Last night Laney suddenly remembered that she had her Sunnyside city project due soon. 

Like, very soon.

Like, tomorrow.

How does this still happen to people? Don't we have technology? Don't we watch TV? Can't we learn from the silly mistakes of sitcom stars?

Apparently not.

Things were further complicated by the fact that this could not look like an adult had done the whole thing. However, in their infinite wisdom (and a good measure of reality and past experience) the teachers did say that parents were encouraged to help. This is very good. It cuts down on the amount of purposeful messiness I would need to include as  I  we she threw this thing together. 

She designed it.

I found the materials and built the basic shape.

She painted it.

I suggested materials. I cut out a little door and she painted that too. 

I let her have total access to my doo-dad bucket. It came in very handy, once again. Thank you, failed scrapbooking hobby! All those nick nackies have rescued us time and time again.


And when it was all said and done (and past midnight), we had "Laney's School" to contribute to the city.

I think it turned out cute. I'll be sad when we have to finally toss it out because I just can't think of where to store it until she get's married and has a place of her own.


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment