Friday, October 23, 2015

Olathe 3rd Ward Chili Cook-off and Carnival

I'm always grateful for the Ward Chili Cookoff and Carnival. Because it forces me to get the kids costumes ready a week before Halloween and that saves us a lot of last minute stress and tears. 

This year we decided on foxes!!

So we found various soft clothing items at the thrift store and dyed them all orange. We dyed some white furry material orange as well and used it (along with some black and white fur) to make some lovely fox ears and tails. 

Eat was pretty easy! And I was so glad that they all agreed on the same thing...I was able to do a bit of assembly line construction.

I ran the fishing booth again this year. But Ethan, Mat and Megan took it over after a while, so I was able to get out and explore a little more. 

Everly was pampered with her face painted by the talented Rachel John. It doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous as well...Everly was mesmerized!


She come out as a doggy with a tootsie roll bone.


Anna chose a monarch butterfly...I think....or maybe an transformer?


But the Megan brought home the best memory of the night. She entered the chili cookoff (she really made it herself!) She was chattering on the way to the church about wouldn't that be amazing if she won and I was trying to talk her down a little bit so she would realize that there were 20-30 other people entering the cookoff, most likely all adults, so don't worry if you don't win! It was fun to cook and enter and be able to try all the different chilis....yada yada....

So what do you know?

SHE WON!! And I'm still smiling about it. What a great thing!


And here is my pre-halloween photo shoot. I got wise and had them come stand outside and show me their stuff. I can't lie. I think they are seriously cute.





Mathew went for the muscly Batman this year.  Ethan decided he was too old to participate this year, but I'm sure he was running around the halls getting into mischief.


And just a few more:



I couldn't resist! I had to be a fox too! 


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment