Thursday, August 21, 2014

Cheesecake, preschool and piggybacks

1. I just ate a slice of frozen turtle cheesecake. And I mean really, truly, totally, frozen. I had to pick it up with my hands and just eat it like it was a slice of pizza or something.

Not really feeling to bad about it.

In fact, I'm thinking wistful thoughts about the other slice....

2. Anna had her first day of Preschool today. She was pretty excited to have papers to show to me and I was pretty excited to grocery shop with only one child.



3. It was a scorching, humid 97 degrees today. So naturally I made a big pot of soup for dinner. Sometimes you just have to deal whatever ingredients are in the refrigerator.

4. We were double booked for "Back to School Night" tonight. Mark went to Megan's. I went to Ethan's and we left the 5 oldest home watching a movie. Aaaand there were two electricians working in the basement.  They are sweet old guys and seem pretty harmless, but I admit that I had a moment when I was driving away that I sent up a little prayer, "Please don't let us end up on the evening news as an example of stupid, irresponsible parents."  Somebody up there is watching out for us.

5. Our electrician gave Anna a piggyback ride today. He is her new favorite person.

No comments:

Post a Comment