Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Bedtime and pumpkin rescue

1. Every evening I go out to the pumpkin patch and spray the leaves with a milk and water solution. Google told me that this will help fight the powdery mildew and I'll be danged if I let our first ever pumpkins die without a fight! We want those pumpkins....we want them to live to see Halloween!



2. Tonight our family home evening activity morphed into an ALS ice bucket challenge video shoot. 

3. Everly is sleeping pretty good at night. We are slowly making progress towards her going to sleep on her own and staying asleep through the majority of the night. She has discovered the starlight ladybug and it is turning out to be a lifesaver. She also likes the summertime primary song and the birdie song and the 3 little ducks song. She occasionally asks to "bah bye" (rock a bye) and I am more than happy to oblige. When she is ready to go to sleep, she lays down and reaches her soft little hand through the bars for me to hold....I could die from sweetness overload. 


4. As I was doing laundry today, I had the strongest urge to insist that my kids pick out their favorite 7 outfits, a couple pair of pajamas and let's donate the rest.

5. After Everly fell asleep, I went in to lay by Anna and she was telling me about all of her ideas and adventures and she was lightly stroking my face and hair with her fingers. I loved that. What will I do when they all get big and don't need me to lay by them and I don't get to hear their thoughts on life and listen as they fall asleep and feel their sweet little feet tucked under my legs?

What in the world will I do then?

No comments:

Post a Comment