Monday, April 22, 2013

Survival

Let's be honest here.

Baby's are so wonderful. They are 7 lbs of pure heavenly joyification.

They are also ridiculous hard.

Make-me-cry-to-myself-as-I walk-around-the-block  HARD.

So I'm just gonna tell it how it is.

Because someday my kids are going to have kids.

And I want them all to know that they aren't the only ones that aren't in blissful happiness all day when their own little babies are keeping them up all night and forcing them into the hallways for 3 hours every Sunday.

It's all of us.

I promise.

So, just hold that baby.

Feed him/her as much as he/she wants to.

Take a shower if you can.

Don't. If you can't.

It's going to be O....KAY....

The other kids know where the loaf of bread is....


They won't starve and they don't have to wear shirts.  Or pants.

You are not required to answer the door.

I promise you that they will watch WAY TO MUCH TV.


Possibly while sitting on a jar of mini marshmallows. It's O...KAY....

It isn't going to last forever.

Even though it honest-to-goodness feels like it will.

It won't.

There are plenty of electric devices to go around.


Oh....and don't be upset if your child formerly know as "the baby" has a bit of a hard time.

It's normal.

And yes, she will probably want to suck on one of the baby's binkies.

Or maybe ALL of her binkies.


Don't sweat it.

It won't last forever.

Even though it feels like it will.

And if you promise to buy a house right next to me, I'll come over and help you.

1 comment:

  1. Maren, that is so very sweet and so very true!!! I loved how the words fell from your lips. I love who you are and the mommy and wife you are. You may not feel like super woman, but I think you are!!! All my love to you!

    ReplyDelete