Monday, April 8, 2013

General Magnussons


One of the reasons I miss Arkansas is that the Magnussons still live there. Jessica Magnusson is one of those people that I look forward to just parking myself on the couch and talking about everything or anything that pops into our brains. She is irreverent and hilarious. She is extraordinarily cool and has style to spare. I admit I idolize her a bit...

I am always thrilled when they come to visit. And despite my tendency to want to just hang out and chat with her, we tried to find some fun stuff for the kids to enjoy. 

We popped into Deanna Rose for a look around. I didn't realize that it was opening weekend, so there were lots of extra people...dressed up as school marms. 


It was the boys' job to guard the door and the baby. You can tell that they are really loving this schoolhouse presentation.


I took Anna to feed the "baby" goats while the others went fishing. I've learned my lesson when it comes to who is really expected to put worms on the hooks and take poky fish off the hooks.

Me. That's oo.


Then we settled in for General Conference listening.

Saturday session:


Sunday session:


In between absorbing the words of the Prophets and Apostles, we did a bit of eating. 

It's surprising how quiet it is at the dinner table when all the crazy people eat outside. 


To recap...

I miss the Magnussons.

I prefer bossy goats over worms and fish.

We fall asleep during conference because we are flat out sleep deprived and living on the brink of total exhaustion.

Picnic tables are a viable option for a peaceful meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment