Thursday, August 9, 2012

Clothes shopping


I don't remember alot of details about my childhood. It's all a bit fuzzy for me.

But I do remember shopping for school clothes each year. My mom always wanted me to buy happy bright colors. And I always had other plans.

Usually it was jeans with several blue and brown t-shirts, paired with a braided leather belt. Exciting.

Then there was the year that I bought only oversized sweatshirts and stirrup pants.

Or there was this year:


Yowza.

Now I'm the mom and I see that my role is mainly to find somewhere moderately comfortable to sit and make sure that all critical "parts" are covered.....oh...and do my best to stay in budget and convince my boys that at some point it will be time to give up shirts with cartoon characters on them.

It's my duty.

Ethan was easy. We got a bunch of athletic, Nike-ish shirts and a humongous pair of shoes.

Jeans will wait till the fall and honestly, he can wear his basketball shorts until then.

Mathew was mostly concerned with finding fast shoes.


And trying them out in the store.


I didn't mind. I had a comfortable place to sit.

Megan was a little harder. She has entered those strange years where she has grown out of the "little girl" sizes and has entered the "I'm a hoochy mama in training" sizes. 

Seriously. 

You wouldn't believe some of these clothes. 

We did find a few that we could be happy with. 

This one from the seventies....


 and this one from the eighties...


We didn't find any oversized sweatshirts or stirrups.

So that's a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment