Thursday, August 2, 2012

Laney at 4

Laney is the fourth child and so am I. 

I relate to her lot in life. 

The swing kid...sometimes she's big, sometimes she's little...depending on what kind of chores we're doing.

You'd think she'd get lost in the mix, but somehow she manages to come out on top most of the time. 


She possibly has the cutest smile I've ever seen. 


She enjoys talking to adults and telling them all about how the world works. Especially what is "healthy for our bodies". 

She has several ready-to-go poses that she feels are most attractive:






If she's taking the photo, don't even try to just smile. You need to "make it look beautiful".


She just graduated from a year of joyschool and is heading into her last year at home with Mom. It's freaking me out. I'm hoping I can use my google skills and figure out how to teach her to read. 


She has never been afraid of the dark, until I decided to use "Zombie Spray" to spray down the room she shares with Megan in order to calm Megan's fear of zombies. This backfired when Laney began to wonder why I would do such a thing if zombies aren't real. There must be a legitimate threat. 

Whoops. 

She is my ultimate judge.  On any given day she will inform me that I am either the "The best mom evah".....or...."You are the WORST mom EVAH!"  I am learning to take it in stride. Most days I finish in the black.


If she asks you to watch her "super speed", you better keep your eyes glued to her the entire time. She will chastise the neighborhood fathers, mothers, visitors, etc. if she sees them lose there focus for even a second. She is perfectly willing to give you several chances to get it right, however.


She can dress herself, get her own breakfast, brush her teeth, write her name, make her own bed, vacuum the stairs and she has super speed, to boot. 

She is my Laney.


2 comments:

  1. She is so cute. Wish she were still here to hang out with Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laney, Grandma loves you SO much! Every picture is stunning and your mommy is right about your smile - it melts every person's heart - especially mine. What a little bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete