Thursday, August 2, 2012

Welcome to the jungle

I bought school supplies for Ethan today.

He is bound for middle school (meat grinder) in 2 itty bitty weeks.

I don't remember middle school as all that terrible, but I do have a doozy of a story about being trapped in a gas station with my friend Misty while 6 ravenous popular girls circled outside the doors. We were toast. I still call the ring-leader Ashley Trashley....in my head.

And that was 25 years ago.

What kind of crazy is my baby boy walking in to? In 2 puny little weeks?

I'm afraid.  He's not.

I bought every single pencil and notebook with the question, "Will kids make fun of him for this?"

It took me awhile.

But we went on over to enrollment and I did my best to arm him with the basics.

How to get the locker open:




And how to find your classes. 


He seemed good to go. Confident even.

And I will suffer through a fresh batch of cold-sweat nightmares over forgetting my combination and neglecting to go to English class.

Good luck, bud.

If it gets too bad, I promise to home-school you.

1 comment:

  1. A mother's heart does somersaults with each new beginning with each child. It's the mother bear syndrome coming out in us. Ethan really does look confident in his pictures and so handsome. He's growing up SO quickly! WOW!

    ReplyDelete