Monday, August 1, 2011

A visit from the Youngs

A few days after we said fond farewells to the Huffords, the Youngs came up for a quick visit. Jen Young and I go WAY back. Ethan and Lyndee were our only babies when we met. They have been friends ever since and still love to hang out and talk about animals and farms. Over the years, Jen and I have had babies around the same time and they have all matched up and love to play together. Meg and Katelyn, Laney and Brooklyn, and now Joseph and Anna. The only one that doesn't have a compadre is poor Mathew. He manages to have fun with Ethan and Lyndee and if that doesn't pan out, he gets to play a few extra turns on the laptop.

While they were here, we went downtown and did a quick session at Kaleidoscope.

Meg and Katelyn in their matching outfits. Great moms shop alike!

Laney making a rainbow hat:

A cool hand washing station in the watercolor room:

Ethan and Lyndee at the puzzle station:

As usual, someone was hiding behind the stroller for the group photo. That's Mathew's hand.

We were a little late, so the time flew by and we were on our way to the Crown Center to get some chow.

Even though the food is TERRIBLE, we decided on Fritz's because the train comes around the track and delivers your food. The kids love that kind of stuff.

I spent the whole time wrestling with Anna and wishing I had brought her either something to eat or a blanket so that I could nurse her. Instead, I ended up leaving poor Jen with EIGHT kids while I went to nurse Anna in a bathroom stall. I hate doing that. It's so grody. The rest of the time I let Anna dig around in my ice water with her chubby little arms. She definitely has a thing for the cold.
It was a fun day and the kids loved catching up with each other.

We are so lucky to have such good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment