Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The summer fun continues...

We are now in the winding up weeks of summer.

Swimming lessons are finishing up tomorrow. All three kids turned into fish, after an initial refusal to get in the water.

Don't you hate to be that mother that is excited that school is starting up again? I do. I feel guilt over it. I want to be that mom who cries when she watches them walk into the school with their big backpacks on. I'm the mom who celebrates with a bagel at Einstein's....with cream cheese. It's not that I don't love spending time with my offspring. I do...I really do. But after about 5 weeks of "spending time" with each other, the joy starts turning to bloodshed and ridiculous amounts of time spent in time out.

Besides. I just love school. I love the supplies and the artwork and the dinner time report on each child's day. I thrive on routine and I especially love that part where they hop out of the car and the say "I love you, Mom!" and I get to answer back "Have a great day! I'll see you after school!"
Don't you just love that?

So we've got the rest of this week, then a week with Grandma Kathleen, and then one more to get ready for school and BAM-O! School's in!

Until then....maybe we'll continue to:

Play with the dog food

Swim

Be gorgeous

Eat and draw all over our ourselves ("washable", my patootie)

Feed the hissing "ducks" batches of bread that didn't taste quite right (maybe I forgot the salt?)



Get creativeKeep our toes cool



Hang with the neighbors on the lawn (this is 98% of our summertime schedule) And yes, Laney LOVES to do that upside down thingy.

Take photos of ourselves in the van on the way to Walmart....whatever it takes to entertain ourselves.How many weeks do have, again?

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous goggles, darling.

    My favorite part about that photo? You had them on in the FRONT yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am that mom too. Meet you at Einstein's on the 4th?

    ReplyDelete