Sunday, June 23, 2024

Omaha Zoo and the Murder Basement

After 23 years in the Midwest, we finally decided we should go check out the #1 zoo in the country.

To Omaha we go!


We invited the Flynns to go with us and because they're the best friends ever, they agreed. When they saw the house I rented, they probably regretted that decision. You know that smell every grandparent's house has? I mean the REAL grandparents....the ones with scary cellars full of mason jars of peaches and pickled beets?

That smell. 

If you don't know what I mean, then you haven't lived....also, I know a house you can rent. 

On the bright side, it was only a short walk to the zoo!


I only took a few photos of my favorite animals:




 We loved the jungle house and the butterfly dome. 


We spotted the lions when we went over them in the sky ride. 


Those glowing jellyfish never disappoint.


There was also a dark basement full of alligators. How the world they aren't always in the news for that place, I can't imagine. There were some excellent beavers down there too...but it was dark, so we didn't really get to see them. weird. 

It was a quick trip, so we really only had enough time for crazy expensive burgers, singing to Mathew, a day at the zoo and investigating the murder basemen. Don't believe me? Let's take a little walk down, shall we?

Open the door to the basement and head down that nightmare


Oh look! There's A DARK HOLE beneath the the scary staircase you were just on. Fun.


Is that a tarp??? 


It took another adult going down with my to work up the guts to move that tarp. And in the most horrific move of all, Todd pulled that door open just far enough to stick his arm in there and video what was in there. Pure horror. 

I'm still convinced if we could shine a light in there, there would be a child sized rocking chair right in the middle....just rockin....back and forth. Back and forth. 


I'll never sleep again. 

But hey! The loft was perfect for the girls!


I'd give this place high marks for entertainment value. But, between me and you, St Louis Zoo was way better!

No comments:

Post a Comment