Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Indian Birthday

I'm 48!

I really love how even that number is. 

I was busy all day working on the girls camp fundraiser...the valentine dinner. 20 lbs of pork barbacoa, triple batch of cilantro lime rice, black beans and tomatillo dressing. 5 chocolate cakes, raspberry sauce as well as all the shopping had me not feeling so celebratory. 

But Mark packed us all up and delivered us to Korma Sutra, one of my favorite places to eat. A couple years ago, taking our kids to eat at an Indian restaurant would've inspired tears and a deafening silent treatment. But we've been making a butter chicken in the pressure cooker and I recently learned how to make garlic naan! They have learned to love Indian spices!

And this place is just special. 

They shower you with fun little treats and extra dishes. 

Mango Lassi, Golub Jamun, Pakora, Papadam, Kulfi and Chai. 

We ordered Butter Chicken, Chicken Goa Curry and Biriyani.


We prepared the kids for how to use the limes to wash their hands when the waitress came around. Not knowing what to do could send any one of our high-anxiety kids running for the door. 



The funny owner brought it home with his birthday shuffle!




We all left with full bellies and smiles on our faces. The waitress handed me a warm chai to go as we walked out the door. Happy Birthday to me.

We went home and Mark surprised me with a slice of carrot cake from J Alexanders. I got to see all my kids at once and everyone sang to me as I accidentally blew the candles out 3 times just from laughing. 



I hadn't planned on celebrating today. But I feel celebrated and loved and so very grateful for my family and making fun memories.

Here's to 48!

1 comment: