Saturday, January 28, 2023

Just Desserts

Laney really does not want to learn to drive. 

She has gone so far as to resolve to only live and work near a bus stop. Public transportation will save her from getting behind the wheel!

Except it really won't.

Because Megan is going to college and I'm doomed to drive to the high school every morning. 

I'll be danged! That girl needs to get her license!

So she did her day-long test in October (almost 4 months ago). Then we let 4 long months pass with no driving at all. I would have that sinking feeling every couple weeks when I remembered that I was dropping the ball and Laney might be living by the bus stop, after all. 

Finally, we set a goal and decided we'd drive 3 times during the week and then treat ourselves to a movie on Saturday. I was hopeful that we'd be able to get on the freeway by the end of the week. 

And she did it!

Yes, there was a little snafu involving a two lane roundabout. I may have raised my voice to save our lives and the bumper. 

But we are back on the road....literally.

She successfully merged into freeway traffic half a dozen times and learned to go through the drive thru, all in one day. 

It turns out that was the first time ordering for herself as well!

These are the days, Laney, these are the days.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment