Sunday, January 1, 2023

Family Photo 2022...we are all there

 Some moms are so ON IT when it comes to getting family pictures taken. 

I just....

CAN'T.

I don't have the special combination of skill and style that make the perfect pic. 

DON'T MAKE ME.

But here and there I realize that we are all together for a small window of time and I text my neighbor that we've lived by for 12 years and somehow we really don't know each other but I sew her son's soccer patches on several times a year for free except for the starbucks giftcards she sends over with the poor kid to give me because it feels crappy to do nothing but also weird to pay me...I call her up and ask her to meet us in the cul de sac and snap a few photos of us because, lets' face it, having the camera angle up from the ground isn't a good look for anyone...just take a little peek at our Easter 2020 photo. 

Yowza.

And here there are. (I have thoughts...they are coming)

I mean...this one is okay. I hyperfocus on the bottom of my sweater...should I have partially tucked it in? 

On the bright side, Mark is looking mighty fine and my hair is having a good day.


These kids...I love them!


The obligatory silly photo...why is it so flipping hard to think of a silly pose? I need to come up with a few go-to options so I don't panic and awkwardly star at Laney's face next time. 

And there WILL be a next time. There always is. 


And here are the things that I can't stop looking at in this one...


1. Why does it look like I need to pee?

2. Why are Ethan and Megan both holding their hands the same way? 

3. Why didn't I turn and face Mark?  The balance is off!

4. Why can't I figure out how to be that mom that will know what clothes everyone should wear AND convince them to wear them?

5. Why do I not care enough to make any of that happen? 

6. Why do I love these people so much that my heart hurts....I love the matching hands, the bright blue shirts, the belly buttons and the slightly green hair. I love the full party makeup and the camo pants and the 90's sweater. It's all a big part of the super fun grab-bag of Huffordness.

No comments:

Post a Comment