Friday, June 17, 2022

Summer Smackdown begins.

3 weeks. 

That's how long it took before the fighting reached a fever pitch and I did, indeed, turn that car around. 

We were on our way to Science City and way too many of my daughters were going to war over loud breathing, water bottle ownership and seating arrangements. 

2 blocks from the house, I pulled a "U-ie" and proclaimed that I no longer wanted to spend any time with "you people".

We pulled into the garage at a frightening speed and I requested that they all kindly "get all their crap out of my van".

Then I went inside and finished off the first season of Severance while I patiently waited for them to knock and apologize one by one. 

It had to be done.

I let them stew for a few hours and then we set out for the Asian Market in search of unfamiliar snacks we could try. 



They were mostly not that great. But those strawberry jalapeno crisps we snagged at Trader Joes were a revelation. Everything else was about as good as one of those pink snowballs...except for the Mango and Cookies and Creme crisps. 

Yuck. 

They also chose some Taro Boba Tea to stew up later, and that was a hit. 

You win some and you lose some....we can suffer through Science City next week. 

Till then, you can find me in my closet with a box of those crisps and some cream cheese making my summer a little tastier.



No comments:

Post a Comment