Thursday, June 16, 2022

Operation 50 dollar bunny and Moonlight Market

Thursday was shaping up to be pretty relaxing....

Laundry was getting done and I had intentions of taking of an epic nap. 

Then the boy called and wove the tragic tale of a bunny, siblings passed away of a mystery illness....mama bunny dead in the road. 

Would I come and get it? Would I nurse it back to health? Could it be a Hufford? 


No.

But I will drive it to Eudora with the price of gas at historic highs and pay the folks at Operation Wildlife 20 bucks for the privilege. 



Loath to drive all the way out to....somewhere.... and not make it worth it (yes, I realize we saved a bunny life...but there is a summer bucket list that needs doin), we decided to pop over to Pendletons farm before heading home and check out their shop. 

We spied this fabulous establishment on the way through downtown Eudora...so many questions. 


Pendletons is a working farm and I want to live there....but, my dears, it was hotter than Hades in that shop and even worse in the greenhouses. 


We stayed just long enough to gran a couple big tomatoes, a head of napa cabbage and a jar of salsa (ok, ok....and those terrible honey sticks)


Later, we ventured over to Shawnee's Moonlight Market to look at the different vendors and roam about searching for someone to give our money to. 

It was soooo hot. 

But we had fun and we bought watermelon and beeswax and tumbled rock earrings. I found a welded snail for my garden and we all left completely soaked in sweat and fervently grateful for the air conditioning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment