Thursday, July 22, 2021

Utah/Colorado Trip - Day 1, Travel

 We embark!

Prayer is said, Redbox cued up and we are on our way..


Mark takes the first stretch and I sleep and read my book (I highly recommend the Scythe series!)

I take the second stretch into Aurora, CO.  Despite my valiant efforts and excellent preselection of downloaded podcasts...I find myself with droopy eyelids and no amount of poking, pinching or arctic blasts from the air conditioner are enough to keep me awake. 

We just got to sing!


Jammin to Easha does the trick and we arrive at our hotel safe and sound. Naturally, we claim spots on the beds and watch a little Food Network. We google places to eat and although I feel like grabbing something fresh at a little Mediterranean spot, the rest of them vote for IHOP. I resign myself to my pancake fate and we go look for a parking spot near IHOP. 

It takes a little shortcut through an odd parking garage, but we manage to find it without too much trouble. 


And what do you know???

My little Mediterranean spot is next door neighbors with their IHOP shop. 

That's just plain destiny. 

Tzatziki will be mine. 


After dinner, we made our way back through the parking garage and gratefully watched Mark run for the van so all us delicate ladies didn't have to get too wet. He's pretty sweet like that. 


I returned the favor and sat in the steamy pool room for an hour while the 3 youngest swam and Megan stressed over her AP English summer assignment. Isn't growing up just the best??


Day 1 was a success! 

Tomorrow on to Moon Lake!


No comments:

Post a Comment