Saturday, October 17, 2020

The Wallace Experience

A few little tidbits from our extended camping weekend:

Fire is always our main entertainment. We want to build it immediately and keep it burning all day long. This year my fire pit was commandeered by the little girls. I frequently found them building miniature personal fires on the edges of the fire ring. I'm 19 years into this parenting gig...so I told them they were doing awesome and wandered off in search of adult conversation. 



We went on a hike in search of our old favorite teeter totter bridge. we found an old remnant. Those were the good old days!


Megan was NOT into having her photo taken this year.


Everly was good with it!


We had a couple medical emergencies...but Kate was right on hand to administer fist aid. It takes a village, people! Lol....Village People.


Anna discovered that the pantry shelf on our picnic table makes a pretty fantastic top bunk.


The girls spent lots of time at the Williams' camp painting rocks. I could barely get them to come back to eat for a few minutes and they would run straight back!



We added a new favorite meal to our camping menu....drip beef sandwiches. 


Nothing like a communal pot of au jus to really feel like you're roughin it!


This will go down as "The Year of the Bees". Every day, when the sun came up, the bees emerged and made themselves a nuisance while we ate our lunches. I'm pretty sure no one got stung...but you can't deny that little twinge of fear that you feel when one of them buzzes your ear or lands on your clothes. 


And maybe my favorite part of the weekend....watching the guys play a good old fashioned game of touch football. 





This place and these people just make me happy!


I am amazed that another year of Wallace has come and gone. I find myself cherishing the memories that we make because I can see that they are changing fast. We missed having Kylie and Miranda this year...and next year we will probably be missing our big boys. 

Maybe we'll just stay her forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment