Monday, July 1, 2019

Day 15 - Cottonwood to Miraculous Eclairs

We woke up to the cottonwood floating through the air...I love it so much! I can love it because I have no allergies and it doesn't make my eyes crust shut. Isn't it magical?


It gathered like fluffy snow drifts on the trails!


We had a solid day planned...we kept a strict schedule and divided our time between building the 9 square apparatus (more on that later)..


attempting to coax the potguts out of their hidey holes...


snacking on the beach....


paddle boarding (go Anna!)....




kayaking (go Laney!!)...


And fleshing out the bulk of the beach excavation project.



I gave dutch over stew another go...it was not better than the first time I made it. The beef was super chewy and, word to the wise, pearl onions are WAY more trouble than they are worth. I spent no less that an hour and 15 minutes attempting to hand peel those dumb little onions.


It was mine and Bri's night for a group dessert. We chose a classic s'mores bar and campfire eclairs. I read about those on pinterest and thought to myself, "When is a better time to attempt something you have no experience with then when your entire family is watching and reminiscing on the scones and cobblers of yesteryear?" 






But I must be doing something right, because these things are a REVELATION.  Camping will never be the same.


And then....Jammin time! Johnny was loving hanging out with Mark and flipping through a songbook together. He was really good!



Ethan and Zach....beard brothers wittling it out.


We put the sun to bed with the best game ever...9 square. A game everyone can play...even the little kids. I need one of these!! I am having PVC envy.


Make time stop! Let's buy Moon Lake! Never make me leave.

1 comment: