Friday, November 2, 2018

Daddy Daughter Sock Hop

It's not that I didn't "know" that the Sock Hop was tonight...

It's just that I didn't devote any actual thought to what that would mean. Namely, that I have THREE daughters in elementary school right now. And EVERY SINGLE ONE was going to need a poodle skirt before 6 pm.

We have poodle skirts. They are (believe me on this) RAT NASTY. The have unidentified stains on them and more pills than skirt.

Also, if I make one new skirt, who gets stuck with the old ones?

Luckily....mom is in town!

And she know all about stuff like this.

So we dashed about and picked up felt and elastic, google poodle patterns and rummaged for ribbon and then we set to work.

And (believe me on this) WE DID IT.

Three new, super cute poodle skirts just in time for the dance. Each girl found a clean white t-shirt (that's some kind of miracle...found AND clean), we cut up my favorite infinity scarf for hair ties and they were ready for their big night.




And off they go for a night of fun and me and Mom collapse in a heap of felt scraps and hot glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment