Tuesday, July 17, 2018

SBL - Date night with Ethan

I love this boy! It would seem that we have weathered the rough teen years and come out on the other side. He is responsible and hard working. He is doing his best to be helpful and kind and it is making a huge difference in our home. 

And he's just plain fun to be with. He has a great laugh and we like a lot of the same things. He gave me a big squeeze this afternoon and said, "Wanna go on our date tonight?" 

I mean, come on. 

So, we left the girls in Megan's capable care (with a hot chicken pot pie right out of the oven) and we went in search of a "real burger". We've been settling for Freddy's lacy burgers for far too long. We ended up at Old Chicago...and he found his burger. I got a yummy apple chicken walnut wrap and we swiped each others fries and onion rings.  He stopped to talk to a veteran (always) and found out that the navy hat he was wearing was in honor of his son that died at the pentagon on September 11th. He is forever loving these wonderful men and showing them that their service and sacrifices are not forgotten. He's such a good young man. 


We wolfed down our food and booked it over to the theater to watch Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.  It wasn't terrible. But it doesn't really matter. It was fun to be out with my son and thinking about his senior year. So much is going to change for him and I'm going to enjoy him every chance I get!

Did I mention that he drove?!? And paid for dinner?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment