Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Greatest Showman

Mark and I went to see "The Greatest Showman" with several other couples a few weeks ago . I'll  admit that I hadn't actually wanted to see it and really we just went because we were invited and we'll jump at any opportunity to get out of the house and go on a date. Then we sat down and the singing started. This movie is ALL IN with the singing and dancing. 

Mark leaned in and said "How much did we pay for these tickets?"
I replied, "5 bucks?" and then he said "Okay, that's a five dollar nap" and closed his eyes. 

I was raised on Gilbert and Sullivan and have no problem with a little singing and dancing, but even I needed about 20 minutes to fully accept the no-holds-barred exuberance and romance that was coming at me from the screen.

Once I did, though. Oh baby! I loved it. 

And I even caught mark tapping his foot and decidedly not napping.


Last night Megan asked me for the 14th time when I would take her to see it and reminded me that I had promised her and all her friends had seen it and she was dying inside and why wouldn't I just freaking take her???

So we had dinner and FHE and put all the pups to bed and we hopped in the car to go the 9:30 showing. That's 9:30 PM on a Monday night, folks. 


We had the entire IMAX theater to ourselves. It was huge and it was loud and Megan loved it! I loved it too. I already knew what we were getting into and so it was fun to embrace it from the beginning. Everytime the music really got cooking and those big numbers were in full swing, she would grin at me and say 'I love this!!!" and she'd dance around in her seat and throw her arms up into the air.

She's the person you want to see a musical with.


When I finally climbed into bed at midnight, Mark asked sleepily, "Where did you go?"

"We went to the CIRCUS!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment