Saturday, September 23, 2017

Say Goodbye to Cross Country

Let's be real here. Megan has discovered one very important thing from her participation in cross country. 

She hates running. 

That's a problem when someone is strapping a timing chip to your shoe. 


Megan stands on the sidelines waiting with her friend, Leandra. The race is imminent. Her body language is not screaming "I'm so excited for this!" Let's zoom in...


Oh dear. This is about the last place she wants to be. I'm getting the feeling my dreams for her and track are drifting far far away.


The race starts! Oh look! She's got a huge smile! Maybe I misunderstood! She's loving every minute!


Uh oh. Pain face. I see the pain face. And I recognize that particular posture.. those legs have "side cramp" written all over them.


But she's a trooper and musters a winning smile as she passes us. Way to rally, my girl!


But the pain face wins in the end. Running is awful. There's no way around it. The only cure is....


A massive donut. 


You did it, lady. And you most likely will never have to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment