Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Rug Scrubbin

Before we get into this, I'd like to take a moment to recognize that the day I bought a WHITE rug for the living room was a day that I left my good judgment at home. I should have thought it over when I ran into Brother Dallman at Target. He took one look at that big white rug in my cart and said with a chuckle, "You sure about that?"

Well, no. 

I wasn't sure. 

Because I'm terrible at choosing things for my house!

Which leads us to our yearly tradition of dragging the rug out to the driveway for a good scrubbing!

We try to time it when the neighbors aren't around because this is straight up redneck.


The soapy scrubbing is the fun part....then comes the squeegeeing.


Mathew tries to whip some of the water out. Do you know how heavy a wet rug is???

We do.


It'll take all of us to drag it over to the fence and hang it up to drip dry. Hopefully it won't rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment