Friday, January 1, 2016

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we burpee

Sometimes you make plans.

Sometimes those plans get "adjusted" when things don't go exactly as you expect.

Sometimes your child puts a 15 yr old size hole in the wall....


So Ethan didn't go to his dance after all.

And Mark stayed home with him and Everly (New Years foods are not known for their low-fatness).

I took the rest of the kids over to the Flynn's New Year's Eve party.


And we chatted and snacked with our friends.


We rang in the New Year with sparkling cider and I wished that I was home with Mark and there wasn't a hole in the wall and my son wasn't feeling brokenhearted.


And I wished I was doing what Anna was smart enough to do. But I am hoping that the coming year will bring good things and help us all to leave this night in the past.


The next morning (more like 3 pmish) we headed over to the gym to play our annual Crossfit Candyland.


I don't know if we were preoccupied with our worries, or if the game was just too complicated, but we ended up leaving and spending the day at home.

We're making better choices already.

Here's to 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment