Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Mark's 38th Birthday and the return of independence

It's was a big day. 

Mark is turning 38 and I have my long-awaited follow up with the Orthopedic Doctor. Will my bones be healed? Will I be free from my strangling double-slings? Will I be able to take care of myself and feed myself and DRIVE myself???



YES!!!!!!

Everything looked healed in the right places and now I can start using my arms and trying to rotate my wrists to get some of my mobility back. I am so relieved.

And so we celebrate with Freddies!


And a we have a yummy chinese food dinner for Mark's Birthday.




He chose a German Chocolate cake and we lit it on fire with 39 candles....

And he led us in our birthday song....


He didn't hold anything back...


He was really feeling the music...


Show us the muscles!



It's getting a little smokey in here.  *cough*cough*


He got them all out in one breath.


Happy Birthday, Mark. For your presents, I got you:


  • A wife that can use both of her arms
  • Home cooked meals
  • Clean laundry!
  • Not doing the work of two people
  • Not having to brush my teeth
  • Not having to cut up my food, and feed it to me
  • So much gratitude for the way you took care of me everyday with love, kindness and a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment