Tuesday, April 14, 2015

SOS

Tonight I attended a dress rehearsal for the upcoming meeting of Artist, Interrupted.  This is a group of ladies that get together to share their artistic talents. I think they feel they have been interrupted by other things in life, like kids and husbands and work that pays money. 

They asked me to join the group way back when, but it sounded like something that would annoy me, so I said 'no'. 

Nevertheless, Amy (our 1st violinist) is a member. So we are performing. Not to mention Nate's wife is the leader of the group. So we are performing.

Tonight we played the 1st movement of our Handel and the 3rd movement of our Mendelssohn. It went pretty well, except for the parts I faked because it seemed smart to do so instead of putting my viola in my lap and having a good cry. 

Then there were several other people who read excerpts or played original compositions. Some were sweet. Some were awkward. Some were shy and nervous. (I relate). 

Other were....NOT. 


These two girls did a frantic, high speed performance of the complete works of Shakespeare. There was embracing and dying and yelling and asides to the audience.

It was......indescribable.

And I was trapped. They were between me and the door.


All I could do was take a few photos as subtly as possible and text Mark so he could share in the silliness.

I need to form a group called Sleep, Interrupted.

I would serve cocoa and we would wear snuggly socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment