Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ethan at 10

It's that time again!

Time to check in with the Hufford pups and find out what makes them tick in 2012.

I ask them each a few questions and try to write down their answers word for word...because that's the fun part.  Then I'll wrap it up with a few observations of my own.

This is Ethan at 10 (going on 11).


What is your favorite part of life?

Ummm...I'm really looking forward to doing horse riding lessons again. I also enjoy playing kickball with the neighbors when they're actually out. But it's a rare thing to see us out there anymore. I also like Dragonvale alot. (That's a game on the ipad.)

Your favorite food?

Either chicken pillows or shepherd's pie or going out to "We Be Smokin". "We Be Smokin" is awesome. Oh wait...there was another thing I was looking forward to.....going to Utah and climbing Mt. Umpanogas....or something.

What do you think of school? 

It's fine. Math is getting harder definitely. Amayah is a good friend and I like playing chess against Hunter at Chess Club.

What do you want to do when you grow up?

I might want to be a bioligist, marine biologist or an artist.

What is your least favorite food? 

Rice. I do not like rice. It's just so plain and when you eat it it just doesn't taste good.

What is your happiest memory?

Ummm....my happiest memory was when I was playing with Abram riding bikes and a hawk landed right by us. We just watched it until it got scared and flew away.

Your favorite teacher?

Mrs. Wagner in 4th grade.

Favorite song? 

Smooth Criminal. The Alien Ant Farm version.

Favorite movie?

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

TV show?

American Serengeti....about the buffalo

Book?

The Black Stallion

So your best friends are Amaya and Hunter?  

And Bryce and John F.

If you could go anywhere, where would you go? 

Alaska. They have really good wildlife there. Like wolves, moose, deer, ospreys, gophers, bald eagles. Yep...bald eagles are mostly in Alaska...in the Northern regions.

1 word that describes you?

Is there a way to mix artist and animal lover?

Advice to give your parents?

Our family needs to get outside and go to the zoo or the waterpark or something.

If you could be an animal, what would you be? 

I'd have to say an osprey because they are fast and can fly and soar and experience things humans can never experience in their lifetime. 

What is the grossest thing you can imagine?

A booger covered ostrich.


And there you have it. Ethan's life according to Ethan. 

My turn.

He is incredibly sweet and has a true soft spot for babies. He is hard pressed to keep his attention on anything else when Anna is in the room. 


This has made him a very handy extra set of arms when I need both of mine free for a few minutes.


At the pinewood derby this year, his poor car didn't win a single race. It was crappy.
But he smiled and congratulated the other boys and was truly gracious. My mother heart swelled with pride and I gave him many embarrassing mom-hugs.


He still has the thickest, fastest-growing head of hair I have ever come across. It is a forest. It is a scrub-brush. It can get stinky in record-time. It is its own entity. It should have a capitol....and a state bird.  It probably already does.



 I am proud of this kid. He's a good guy and is somehow managing to grow up despite providing his mother and father with a never-ending opportunity to figure parenting out. He is endlessly forgiving. 

For him I am perfectly willing to continue reliving fifth-grade math..and social studies...and spelling...and...

1 comment:

  1. It warms my heart to know that other people's kids have crappy pine wood derby cars too. My three boys constitute the majority of our five member pack, so at least one of them always comes in third. Sucks to be the other two, though...

    ReplyDelete