Thursday, February 2, 2012

Book Review: On Little Wings



My friend, Regina Sirois, has written a book. She is the blogger that you can find in my blogroll under the name "Tapper and Company". Get it? Tapper? As is tap tap tapping the typewriter keys?

Now you know.

Anyway....she likes to confess her innermost hangups and worries over at her blog. And so in her honor, I confess:

1. I know the author(ess).

2. I really like her. She's my friend and I want her to like me back.

3. I was sort of afraid when I decided to read her book, because I knew I would eventually need to tell her what I thought of it. What if I didn't like it that much? What if it was one of those books that make you roll your eyes and say to yourself, "oh, please...".

4. I had already made up my mind that I was going to lie to her if I didn't like it. Do you think the Heavenly Councils will reference this blog at the judgement?

5. I nervously asked others who had already started it, "What do you think?" "Is it good?"....and I was encouraged by their enthusiastic responses.

So I began.

And I read.

And I kept thinking to myself, "How did this come out of her head?" "How does a person make this stuff up?" "Wow...this is a really good book...."

And relief washed over me.

And then I forgot about the fact that it was my friend who thought all of this up.

And I just read and read and read.

And when I finished the book at 12:30 in the morning, I thought it was the greatest thing that I could text the author and say, "I finished it! It was awesome! When do we get the next book?"

Because, really, how often do you get to text the author?

Now.....

I want to say that my favorite thing about this book (besides Little), was that when I read the part where they finally get their much anticipated kiss (spoiler!)...and it was perfect. So perfect, I turned back a page or two and reread it, just to savor it again. I love a good long-awaited kiss. I love it so much, I'm perfectly willing to watch 6 hours of Pride and Prejudice just to get to that last few seconds with Elizibeth and Mr. Darcy.

Because it is totally worth it.

Loved the book!

Now, get tapping, Tapper.  You've got to keep your fans happy!

3 comments:

  1. WOW - what an excellent review! I want to go get it and read it too! Thanks for another idea of a great book to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing so hard over here! I love that you are such a good friend that hurting my feelings gave you fits of anxiety. I love that you worried over the quality of my book. I love that if the whole world collectively decided that I am a crappy writer, they would have to admit that I am a crappy writer with great friends. Which makes me wildly successful.
    Thank you!
    (for the review and for making me laugh. Sorry I almost gave you an ulcer)

    http://www.amazon.com/On-Little-Wings-ebook/dp/B006MITQRC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

    ReplyDelete