Saturday, January 14, 2012

A shift

Something weird happened last night.

We were all laying on the floor of the boys bedroom around 8:30 pm and taking turns reading chapters from "The World According to Humphrey". I say "chapters" because we forgot to read for 3 nights in a row and therefore we had 4 chapters to read in order to get caught up. Sunnyside Elementary has blessed us with ONE MORE THING that I am now barely remembering to do: reading a book all together, as a family, as a school, at the exact same rate.

Seriously! Seriously?

So there we were...Mathew had read his chapter (with voices and expression). Megan read to 2 pages and I read as fast as humanly possible and polished off that chapter. Then Ethan started reading his and.....

I fell asleep.

Drooling on the carpet.

Then....

They sent me to bed and finished the rest themselves. I did not argue.

Because I'm absolutely beat by 8:45.

They gave me a quick rundown of what I missed as we drove to school this morning. And I realized that before I know it, they are going to be shielding me from "sexy" things on television and trying to decide if I'm still capable of driving.

2 comments:

  1. That is hillarious Maren! I remember falling asleep from utter exhaustion many times while trying to put the kids down for naps, only to wake up and realize they had put ME down for a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO Awesome! I miss you SOOOO much! Sounds like all is as it should be!

    ReplyDelete