Sunday, January 9, 2011

6 weeks old

As I approached the 30 minute mark of the bouncy walk around the kitchen tonight (to John Mayer's "Dreaming with a Broken Heart), I was reminded of the many nights I spent sleeping on the kitchen floor, one arm stretched up and manually bouncing baby Mathew in his little bouncy seat while I ran the dishwasher over and over and over because that was the thing that worked to get him to stay calm. Back then it seemed I would be sleeping in the kitchen for the rest of my natural life.

And now Mathew can make Hamburger Helper.

This too shall pass.

So I took the opportunity to enjoy the song, sing along, and stare at those sweet little chubby cheeks.

She's starting to try to talk. She does that thing where she opens her mouth and tries to make something (anything!) come out, and....nothing. And then a few seconds later she tries again and makes a little squeak and we all clap and cheer and she has no idea why.

I keep having these weird delirious episodes at night where I'm half asleep and partly dreaming. Last night I was convinced I had twins. I would nurse baby 1 and then I'd nurse baby 2. Then baby 1, then baby 2. Then baby 1, then baby 2.....

I'm fairly certain Anna got more than enough to eat last night.

2 comments:

  1. 6 weeks already!!! I know...not the thing to say to the mother who has been doing the bouncy walk for 6 weeks...but it went fast for the rest of us...lol. Can't wait to see her...hopefully BEFORE she gets her first tooth! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm w/Sarah! 6 weeks?!? If you don't come for a visit soon, we are going to come up there!

    ReplyDelete