Thursday, December 30, 2010

True Christmas Highlights

Alrighty then....now that I have all the details out of the way, I would like to take the time to jot down what I really loved about this Christmas.

1. Mark having a 3 day weekend. He is an insanely hard worker and his job is very demanding. It was wonderful to have him around all day and enjoy his company.

2. Making lots and lots of cocoa.

3. Watching Anna stare up into the Christmas tree, transfixed with the sparkling lights. It is the worlds greatest baby mobile.

4. Having the chance to shop for my kids and enjoy seeing them truly pleased by their gifts. We aren't regular toy shoppers throughout the rest of the year, so it's fun to have a reason to spoil them a little.

5. Mark got each of the boys a big nerf gun and he has spent alot of time running through the house with them and making up war games. The LOVE it. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I do not doubt that playing with their Dad will be the star of all the "What I did over Christmas Break" papers they will write upon returning to school.

6. The boys love to battle with their Bey Blades. When they release these tops into the "battle stadium", they call out in unison, "1..2..3...Let 'er rip!" Then they encourage their tops by exclaiming, "You can do it!" "I believe in you!" "C'mon!

7. Even though having a newborn is hard, I cherish those quiet moments of rocking my little Anna and having her sweet warm little body curled up on my chest and hearing her soft breathing. I especially love when she sleeps with her face turned up and tucked under my chin.

8. I have discovered that when it comes down to it, all my children are willing and capable of cleaning, cooking and caring for almost every aspect of our house. There have been days when I have spent hours upon hours stuck on the couch holding a nursing/crying/sleeping baby and they have efficiently kept us from drowning in dishes or laundry. They are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment