Monday, December 27, 2010

The Tree

My favorite part of Christmas is unpacking the ornaments that go up on the tree. Each year we get them out and talk about each one and its special meaning. Most were given to us by friends or family. Each one reflects the personality, style or interests of the person that chose it. I let my kids pick out an ornament of their own each year and I keep a list of what they chose in our Christmas Memories book. It's so fun to hand them and ornament and tell them that it is theirs from when they were two years old or it was the one that Grandma sent.


A few of our favorites:

Laney's blue sparkly dino she picked out this year.


An angel garland my sister Lara sent one year.

A metal horse. One of many horses selected over the years by Ethan.


Mark's silver bell. His favorite.


Picture frame silver snowflakes of all my favorite kids.

One of the many uses of the purple vanilla scented binky.


Mathew's paper cup jingle bells he made in preschool.


The tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment