Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Roadtrip

Last weekend Mark and I took a little trip down to Arkansas. We were missing our friends, family, neighborhood, street, church, grocery store, etc. etc. etc.

So we decided to camp out at the house and take advantage of our "vacation home". Aren't we extremely fabulous?

A few things I learned on the trip:

1. Shower curtains are pretty important.

2. A family of six cannot share 2 towels. It's unrealistic.

3. I still think the Thai Crunch salad at Marketplace Express is the best thing I've ever eaten.

4. Making PB&J sandwiches on my lap with a plastic knife and passing them back to my kiddos made me feel like a "real mom". I have good memories of my own mom passing me a sandwich on our various roadtrips.

5. Eight months pregnant + airmattress = ridiculous.

6. I miss my friends.

7. 4 kids think a notebook and a box of crayons are AWESOME when there is quite literally nothing else to do.

8. Having 1 o'clock church, Daylight Savings Time, and spending the morning in an empty house makes for a very long morning.

9. Oven mitts are very important.

10. You can do alot of cleaning with a roll of paper towels and a bottle of windex.

11. Don't try to clean until the kids are in the car and ready to go back to the new house. You guarantee yourself another round of cleaning and you'll be angry. Not worth it.

12. I miss knowing where everything is at my local Walmart. Still can't find the dang q-tips.

13. It's impossible to find your son's missing tooth in the "insanity van".

14. The tooth fairy does not require the actual teeth (oh yes, Mat lost 2 in 2 days). She will accept a mother's note.

15. At the end of the weekend, you have to face the music and go back to the new life. Suck it up.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! It will get better I promise! And just think, the way the world is going, you will probably move agian in a few years anyway. Hopefully it will be to UT or AZ, so I can actually see you once in a while.

    We are here for you, even if it's through the blogosphere!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back! I have an extra shower curtain, and I'm just a couple miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you guys too! It was really good to see you guys! Good luck with the baby coming!

    ReplyDelete