Monday, April 12, 2010

14 weeks...14 weeks...14 weeks...

14 weeks pregnant is the golden glimmering ticket to feeling like I'm not spinning around and around on one of those diabolical playground carousel contraptions.

But, alas. I am a mere 6 weeks and for the foreseeable future I am doomed to view the world through pea green glasses.

My children are condemned to pizza at least three times per week. I'm pretty sure they're devastated by the turn of events. Hear them now? "Ding dong the witch is dead!"

Let's see....that's Dominos, Dominos, Dominos, Wal-Mart Take and Bake and for lunch on Sunday we had (you guessed it!) mini pizzas made from tortillas, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella.

I'm not going to lie to you.

Things are getting bad. We ran out of bowls yesterday.


The kids have assumed control.


Thankfully they are armed with the knowledge to survive:

1. How to nuke a corndog.
2. How to make toaster waffles.
3. How to make jam toast.

I didn't say it was a perfect system.

But the good news is that I do believe I've discovered how to make my own lime slushies in the the food processor. So I think we'll avoid Sonic bankruptcy.


14 weeks....14 weeks....14 weeks.....

8 comments:

  1. It was not long ago I was fetal position on the couch obsessed with food network. It was my love hate relationship with food. Puke everything up, but watch it all day long on tv. Here's hoping 14 weeks comes quickly. Lime slushes though look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maren, I wish I could come and give you a hand. You know like drink lime slushies with you, bring the pizza over to you, and bring bowls to you. :)
    Keep hanging in there, 14 weeks gets closer every day!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "live traffic feed" says I came from Lone Jack, Missouri. I have no idea where "Lone Jack" is. Sorry you're feeling so poopy. There is nothing fun about being pregnant. Not a thing. I'm definitely sympathetic. Just keep stuffing things in your mouth until the nausea subsides. That always seems to work for me. That also might be the reason why I gain 20 pounds the first 10 weeks. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, your house looks a lot like mine for the last two months! Thank goodness for Jolly Rancher suckers...they've been my one saving grace! I can make it through anything with a sucker and a nap. We should be louses together sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you been to my house? I am in the exact same boat. Well, sans the corndog training. I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! You deserve a medal when this is over! Have you been sick with all of your pregnancies? If your kids are anything like mine they can thrive on nothing but pizza for a long time! lol! Throw in lime slushies and you, my dear, are mother of the year! Sounds delicious! You can do it, you can do it! Hang in there Maren. I'm not going to say that 14 weeks will be here before you know it... but it will get here. :o)
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does my heart good to see your house a wreck. I mean, I hope you're back up to 14 week-dom soon, but I love it when I'm not the only one with a mess on my hands. Not that I have an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your house looks BETTER than our playroom!

    ReplyDelete