Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pretend it didn't happen

Question:

Whilst changing a diaper, have you ever gotten poop under a fingernail?

The feeling of horror it produces is indescribable. And let's face it, the gut reaction method of cleaning under a finger nail is to use one of your other, undefiled fingernails to dig under there. With horror you look down at those hands and realized that you have just doubled your problem.

Even with loads of lather and the power of anti-bacterial scrub...I may never again feel truly comfortable using these hands to eat.

Never, ever again.

4 comments:

  1. After reading that I could help but remember when we cleaned that family's garage in Pinon Hills with Sister Hammond and Connel. I was hand scrubbing it I remember and you were politely trying to tell me what it was we were cleaning. A month long poop fest of dog and several puppies. Not my favorite service on my mission, but one of the more memorable, along with David's trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I had totally blocked that from my memory. Disgusting. Although amazing the things you are able to do with the help of the Spirit.

    Davids trailer was covered in a 2 inch layer of cigarette butts, huh? Good thing our clothes were already caked in desert dirt. I love the Mojave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up. That is exactly how it is. Thankful to be past the diaper days!!!

    ReplyDelete