Friday, February 19, 2010

24 hours of bliss

Oh the sun!

It came out and it inspired me. I rolled down the windows and I felt invigorated. Involuntarily, I found myself bursting out with "There is sunSHINE in my soul today!" in my finest opera voice. What? You didn't hear me? You must not have been anywhere near Dixieland and Walnut. I'll be happy to regale you at your earliest convenience.

It's like I forgot what it was to feel the sun on my skin. All I could think about was going out to the backyard and planting something....there was sun to be had, after all. Why waste it? (Because the evil frost will kill them next week...that's why...evil, evil frost!)

The happiest thing of all is that just like clockwork, when we arrived home after the school pick-up, there were equally sun-deprived neighbors already waiting for us on our lawn. Bikes, soccer, baseball....anything! Let's just play outside!



Come again, sun. It was nice having you.

No comments:

Post a Comment