Saturday, July 13, 2024

AJ goes to FSY

 A few fun facts about AJ's FSY week!

1. I was not at all convinced that she would ever get packed. She stayed up all night before we left. She would not open her door or let me help at all. 

2. She did, in fact, finally get packed and we made it there with just a few minutes to spare. I played it cool and pretended like I haven't dropped off all the other kids at least 3 hours early. I am currently an expert at "rollin with it", a black-belt in emotional chillness.

3. We grabbed some lunch and headed to Warrensburg. She met up with her roommate and we made the bed, unpacked the snacks and I said goodbye!


4. She asked me to come pick her up every morning. That was prime time for homesickness. I was working or busy and couldn't come right away, so by the time I was available, she was over it and chose to stay. I may or may not have made up a few reasons why I could not respond immediately. I just knew in my heart that she would be glad she stayed. 

5. She had the best time. She was learning and taking notes, making friends and having heart-shaping, testimony building experiences. 





6. I'm so glad she decided to go and found the strength to stay! It was an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment