Saturday, March 19, 2022

Summoned to St. George

Our friend reached out and asked for help. 

So we came.

We didn't know why, other that over the few days we were together, we got brave and opened up our lives. We supported each other, listened and tried to understand. There was so much happening in their inner worlds, things no one could ever guess from looking at their smiles and "I'm fine" appearances. 

I can only guess that this is what is happening for every woman. Outer strength and inner turmoil.











As I drove away, I felt so worried. It was clear that the one that called us together was the one that perhaps didn't get what she needed...it was too hard and too scary. I understand how that feels. There are things that I will probably never say out loud to anyone. But I think there is a lot to be said for knowing that after 10 years, your friends will come when you call. And they'll pour out their souls just so you will feel like it's safe for you to do it too. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment