Sunday, June 27, 2021

Garden is a poppin

 There is so much to be happy about in the garden today!!

The beans are giving me a side dish every other day and the strawberries are big enough to not feel shamed by their grocery store counterparts. I'm so proud of their efforts! And can I take this opportunity to humbly thank the birds for leaving them alone for the last couple weeks? You don't know what it means to me to eat a strawberry that hasn't already been stabbed by a beak. Pure luxury!


I planted a pure patch of zinnias this year, instead of the mix. It's awesome and it feels so organized. 


The tassels have appeared! Now we wait for the cobs and silk to appear. And then I will set a reminder in my phone to pick them 20 days later. Because last year's gross corn shall not be repeated! 

No it shall not.


Hello, purple peppers! Aren't you fun??


And finally...how fun is nature? Just adding that lovely pink ruffle around the rhubarb leaf just because. It's hard to tell from the picture, but that leave is massive. It's majestic. It's a rain-gathering master of the universe. 

I am in love with the garden!!

If you need me, you know where to find me....

No comments:

Post a Comment