Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Signs of spring

I never thought I'd say this, but I've come to love the weather of the Midwest. The seasons in Kansas feel like they're on steroids. Both the summer and winter can be so intense, they border on painful. Suffering through the ice storms and the sweatlodge humidity of July, inspires us all to feel joy and rapture at the blossoms and breezes  of spring and cool crispness of the fall

The maple in the back yard is working on its new leaves!


It took 6 years, but we finally have the most adorable blueberry blossoms.


Our lilac bushes in the back yard have finally outgrown their awkward gangly phase and have decided to get actual blossoms this year. It's a good thing, cuz I was having murderous thoughts.

Now I love them! And they will not be ripped out and flung over the fence. They will be sniffed and loved and gazed upon through the window.


I have a nice crop of Arugula! I am dreaming of delicious pear/arugula/blue cheese flatbreads....


Found a little house at the dollar store and popped it in with the vincas and a sweet potato vine. Cuteness!


This plant has fought the bunnies and survived for 3 years. You go, plant.


Our pink azaleas. Still a little anemic...but doing what they can for our curb appeal. I have hope for the future.


The best hanging baskets this year! Purple petunia perfection.




No comments:

Post a Comment