Wednesday, January 17, 2018

New Tricks

Mike bought Julia a cooking class for Christmas. Which is a perfectly lovely gift...especially because I got to go with her! I love spending time with Julia because I feel like I can tell her anything and we can be completely real with each other. I don't have to filter what I say. And that really is pretty rare for me. 


 We were paired up with these two sweet ladies and I couldn't help thinking maybe this will be us in a couple decades...


Our instructor was Chef McPeake. He was funny and direct and I liked him...and I actually learned a bunch of new things. Like, who knew you should be looking for the shimmer in the oil to know when it is hot enough?


We made three dishes and we tried each one. The whole class was about searing and making pan sauces. We made Pork Marsala (orange plate), Turkey Smitane (blue plate) and Beef Tips with Balsamic Butter Glaze (up above..Chef McPeake pouring our glaze over the beef after we asked him for the 5th time if he thought it looked okay.)


The turkey smitane was the very best, but I licked every single one of my plates. I'm classy like that. I'm hoping Mike makes a habit out of getting gifts for his wife that require my participation!

No comments:

Post a Comment