Saturday, February 11, 2017

Loving me takes effort

Mark asked me what I wanted for my birthday....and I said, "A table for the backyard!" And because he is the very best person ever, he got right on it. 


Megan spent her day helping out her dad.




Part of the fun is working together! It's my love language.



I love that gorgeous man.


He even took the time to fill the holes and divots with wood filler.


And then he stained it and it was gorgeous and he dragged it to the back patio with the help of our strongest neighbor and say that it was not quite level and wiggled a little bit. So we found a piece of plywood and stuck it underneath that leg and it's been there ever since. He even carved our initials in the wood....



And I know that this isn't really how blogging is supposed to work, but I'm writing this 3 years after the fact and I have to say that I love the way this table has aged. Its like us. We just get better and better together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment